Thursday, June 16, 2011

Colson is 2 months old!

Colson, you are 2 months old!!


-Colson is SUCH a joy! We fall more and more in love with him each day. :)

-He is a big boy (such a change of pace from our little 21lb 2 year old....yes she's only 21 lbs, no the pediatrician isn't worried...she's just petite and little). I'm not sure exactly how much our big boy weighs now but we'll find out next week at his 2 month appt. Along with those lovely first rounds of shots. Boo. He's not really "chubby" but just a solid baby which is what Jarred's mom says he was like as a baby.

-In the last two weeks, Colson has started smiling and cooing in response to us. He seems to be a really smiley boy which warms my heart. Check this smile out (I caught him mid-smile so it's a little goofy but still so so sweet) 

-He is wearing size one diapers and mostly 0-3m outfits although I have put him in some 3-6m sleepers from Children's Place.   They tend to run a little small, but still....I can't believe he's that big already! It's so fun to have a bigger baby and it amazes me how different my two little ones are already!

-Colson nurses exclusively every 3 hours during the day.

-He is typically alert and happy for about an hour after eating and then starts to show signs (aka fussiness) that he's ready for a nap. During the day, he fights sleep but usually still falls asleep between each feeding....even if it's only 10 minutes. He will take one good long nap (2-3 hours) a day, but each day the time of that long nap is different....sometimes (like today) it's in the morning, other days it's in the evenings. We have yet to settle into a consistent nap schedule during the day but I'm okay with that. I don't think Emma settled into a routine until around 4 months and I'm at peace that he'll fall into one sometime too. 

-He has been going to bed around 9pm and sleeping until 4 or 5am. He will nurse and go back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. 

-I swear his hair is getting thicker, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Poor Emma is at such an awkward hair stage (see also: mullet) 

-Colson loves to be held, watch Momma blow dry her hair, and lay on his playmat. 

-He is VERY strong and prefers to stand when you're holding him on your lap. I need to capture a picture of him doing this because he looks like a little sumo wrestler. It's hard to describe in words but he hunches his little shoulders and hangs his straight arms at his sides with clenched fists. It's so funny.




And just for fun...here's Emma and Colson at 2 months. For some reason she looks chubbier to me than he does even though I know he's several pounds heavier than she was at this point. What do you think, do they resemble each other??


2 comments: