Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 Amazing Years!!

Happy 2nd Birthday Emma Faith!!
To read Emma's birth story, click here.



-You are a tiny little peanut. We find out exactly how big you are on Friday, but it's some where between 20 - 25lbs. Tiny.




-You still rock the mullet. Momma's praying this will be the year you get hair....



-You talk like crazy. You have a big vocabulary (100-200 words) and it's growing by the day! You're putting 3-4 word sentences together and it's amazing how we can almost see the little wheels in your head turning as you process how to say things. I love watching you learn!



-You wear mostly 12-18m clothing (dresses and skirts are a different story...you still wear some 6-9 month things) and size 4 shoes.



-About a month ago, you successfully potty trained and you are doing awesome. We are still working on night time, but other than that, you wear undies all the time. I can't believe you potty trained before you turned 2.




-When I say we're "working on nighttime", here's what I mean: right after you potty trained, you started getting up once or twice a night to use the bathroom. Then you figured out how to work the system and delay bedtime by saying that you had to use the bathroom. You could also get to see Mommy and Daddy during the night if you came over....even if you didn't have to go potty. It's hit or miss these days...3 nights ago you were up 5 times, then the next night you didn't get up once, last night you got up once. I think it's ironic that your baby brother sleeps better than you do right now. :)




-You are the sweetest big sister to Colson. You are constantly letting me know if he's "seeping" or "wake." You are quick to offer him a "sfire"(aka pacifier) if he's crying and you would LOVE if I would let you change his diaper all by yourself. In the meantime, you always help me get a wipe and undo the snaps on his clothes.



-Your favorite foods are chicken, hot dogs, rice, fruit, cheese quesadillas, cheese, spaghetti (or any kind of pasta), goldfish crackers, yogurt, anything dessert related. Not too many veggies on this list but we're working on that....you and me both. :) You'll also eat anything if you have "dip dip" aka ketchup or ranch dip. 




-You are the perfect blend of girlie girl and farm kid. You love shoes, accessories, dancing, and playing with dolls yet you will never ever turn down a ride on the tractor or 4 wheeler. You aren't afraid of animals and you love to play in the mud.



-If you could, you would swing all the live long day. It's your favorite thing to do by far. Sliding is a close second.



-You love and adore your extended family. It's so much fun living next door to Wadi and Grandpa (we're still working on setting boundaries because you'd love to be hanging out with them whenever they are home!) and we visit Nana and Papa at least once or twice a week. All of them shower you with love and attention and you eat it up. You love all of your aunts and uncles and cousins, but have a special place in your heart for your cousin Abbey. You want to be just like her. 



At the risk of making this entirely way too long, I'll wrap it up. I could go on and on about what you are doing these days and what you are like and it still wouldn't do you justice. You are a precious sweet gift from God, and I am so incredibly amazed at what a privilege it is to be your mommy. Some moments I feel like I could pull my hair out and lose my mind and the next second I could just squeeze you to pieces. You teach me about myself and about God's love and character. I pray that you will continue to grow into a strong, tender hearted girl who knows who she is and Who she belongs to. I bless your spirit to thrive and ask God for grace and wisdom to parent you. It's been an incredible 2 years and I can't wait to see what this year has in store! :)

We love you sweet girl. Happy birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment