Colson is 2 weeks old!
*In the next day or two, I have a post ready filled with 2 week old handsomeness pictures. :)
*In the next day or two, I have a post ready filled with 2 week old handsomeness pictures. :)
We visited the pediatrician for a weight check and it seems as though our son is making up for what his sister lacks in size. In 2 weeks, he has gained almost 2 lbs and now weighs in at a grand total of 8lb 7oz. My momma heart swelled with pride as words like "champ" and "perfect" were thrown around. :) I'm so thankful for a healthy, thriving baby!
The stats:
-Colson is wearing Newborn size diapers.
-He is wearing Newborn size clothes, and just wore his first 0-3m pj outfit last night.
-He seems to be going through the 2 week growth spurt and wants to eat about every 2-3 hours.
-He typically is sleeping 3.5 hr stretches at night.
This week has been extremely busy here on the farm. Jarred worked 79 hours this week alone and hasn't been getting home until 9 or 10pm each night. We definitely miss him but it's been a confidence booster to be on my own so much and realize that I CAN do this 2 kid thing! Each day I feel more and more at ease and settling into a routine. The other day I took the kids on our first outing to Target. I had to laugh when an older woman stopped to oogle at the baby and couldn't believe I had driven myself to the store 2 weeks after giving birth. When she was having babies, she wasn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks. She asked "And how long were you in the hospital....2 hours?!?!" :)
This is totally unrelated, but I got a good laugh out of it and wanted to share. It's a little article about the Royal Wedding, but don't let that stop you from checking it out if you're a Royal Wedding hater. It's cute, I promise. I DID get to watch the ceremony, but not really on purpose. I didn't set an alarm, but Emma woke up right before 6am so we turned on the TV just in time to see Kate step out of the car and reveal her dress. Jarred got home after the ceremony and wanted the channel changed ASAP but I was glad to see history being made.
No comments:
Post a Comment