Colson is 3 weeks old!
It hit me yesterday that my little boy is almost a month old and Emma is going to be 2 in LESS THAN A MONTH! Holy moly, how did this happen?!?!
*Colson is still wearing newborn diapers. He is probably ready for size one, but we still have quite a few newborn ones left and he's not leaking through them yet so I'm trying to use them up!
*He is wearing newborn sized clothes (of which we don't have very many things so I'm constantly putting the same things on him over and over again.) Part of me can't wait until he can fit in 0-3 because he has so many cute outfits that I can't wait to see him in, but I also know that this teeny tiny stage is so fleeting so I'm soaking it up while he's still little.
*He is eating every 3 hours during the day.
*At night, this boy is a champion. He typically does 4-6 hour stretches at so I'm getting up only once a night. It's amazing and believe me, I know how amazingly lucky I am. My husband is forever grateful we've been blessed with 2 great sleepers. I am an absolute grizzly bear if I don't get enough sleep. Sad but true.
*Colson is starting to get baby chub. The backs of his hands have those finger dimples (do you know what I mean?) and he's working a double chin like nobody's business. So cute. I wish I could pull off chub like he does. But unfortunately my double chin isn't so cute. :) In the comparison picture above, I think he looks thinner in his 3 week picture but I think it's just because he's more scrunched down in his 1 week shot. He's definitely growing well!
Emma wanted her picture taken too so here you have it.
She had been crying and whining about it while I was taking pictures of her brother which is why you may notice tears on her cheeks. Managing two little ones is not an easy feat. I have so much respect and admiration for all my mommy friends who have 3, 4, 5 kiddos. I'm learning each day and we're figuring it out slowly but surely. I just have to laugh some days when things are just NOT working. Yesterday morning I tried to get groceries and other household things at Target. Things started out so peacefully....Colson sleeping in the carseat, Emma sitting in the basket and me gathering our things. Then Colson woke up and desperately wanted out of his carseat and Emma started saying "down, down, down." I picked up Colson while pushing the cart and then notice that the reason Emma wanted down was because she had wet her pants. Oh man. We quickly purchased our items and I took my screaming baby and wet toddler out to the car. Life with 2 little munchkins definitely isn't dull, that's for sure! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment