Monday, May 30, 2011

Nothing Better

It's almost 11pm. The rest of my family are sleeping soundly in their beds, but I've got a post brewing in my heart and I need to get it out. :)  But first, check out my little man working on his smile. I didn't quite capture a big one yet, but this little grin is still pretty cute. And yes, his shirt says "Future Farmer."



I know ya'll know this already, but sometimes I feel like I don't express it enough. I love where I'm at in life right now and I cannot believe how incredibly blessed I am in so many ways. I don't say that to sound prideful or boastful or rub it in any one's face that my life is so great....I hope it doesn't come across that way. I just am so mindful of those around me who are praying for husbands, babies, the ability to stay at home, whatever it is that they have an unfulfilled longing for. And I want to make it so clear that I don't take lightly what I've been blessed with. I have an amazing husband and father for my children. He isn't perfect (and neither am I) and marriage hasn't been easy for us, but he's a good man and I love him and I believe God is working out an amazing testimony through our marriage that WILL bring glory to Him. I have always always always wanted to have children and most days I can't believe how blessed I am to have 2 perfectly healthy, adorable kids. AND to top it all off, I get to stay home and raise them. God is so good.



Maybe it's just because a sweet friend of mine who has been trying to get pregnant for years shared with me that they are expecting. I suppose I'm just overly aware right now of how blessed I am and how grateful I am for that. I don't know what it is exactly. But I know that tonight after I finished tidying up the house and climbed the stairs to go to bed, I couldn't stop thinking that it just doesn't get much better than this. It doesn't get much better than checking in our my two sweet babies, sleeping soundly, snoring oh so softly and looking like little angels. It doesn't get much better than going to brush my teeth and looking at myself in the mirror, only to see a tired face, a burp cloth still on my shoulder, two stray pacifiers in my hand, and the same shirt I wore yesterday. It doesn't get much better than wearing the same shirt two days in a row because I didn't get to the laundry, but instead spent my day loving on my kiddos and spending time with family. It doesn't get much better than going to bed with some dishes in the sink, dirty little girl clothes still on the bathroom floor from her bath, and a stray bottle on my window sill, but a joyful heart. I could go on and on.





Life is grand. I am blessed. I'm praying each of you feel the same way. Because really, we're all way more blessed than we ever deserve. We just forget it sometimes. Here's to remembering. Thanks for letting me share my heart.

1 comment: