Friday, October 16, 2009

You know you live on a dairy farm when....

.....you get 70 lbs of ground beef, signed sealed delivered to your front door!

 I'm still working on getting through all of last year's beef so today I decided to make a meatball recipe that I hadn't tried yet that calls for 3lbs of ground beef. It was perfect timing, my mother-in-law called to see if we wanted to come over for family night tonight but she wasn't sure what to make for dinner. I glanced to my mess of a kitchen filled with meatballs and said....I can help with that! :) We are so blessed to be able to get beef (ground, roasts, steaks) for free each year but I'm ALWAYS looking for more recipes to be able to use it up. If you know any good ones, I'm all ears!

Emma and I have been busy little beavers this week! My grandmother and aunt came to visit for the long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving weekend...did ya'll know I'm Canadian?) and my grandmother is going to make all of our window treatments as a Christmas gift. I was beyond blessed but definitely a little stressed. She leaves tomorrow so our week has been filled with trying to pick out patterns and fabric so she can take it all back with her to finish. I'm not a quick decision maker when it comes to pretty permanent fixtures in my home so I was stressing a little to think fast on what we'd like! 

I feel like everyday this week Emma is learning something new. Recently when I put on Praise Baby for her, she giggles and smiles so big when a face comes on the screen. Uncle Dan (who is studying to be an eye doctor) would be proud to know her eyes must be developing nicely! And she has turned into a total Daddy's girl (he is eating up every second!) I crack up everyday when he comes home for lunch and I'm trying to feed her some baby food. The girl cranes her neck around so she can stare and smile at her daddy! Who needs to eat when I've got my daddy to smile with! It's such a fun age (ok every age is I think) but we are loving it as her little personality emerges more and more!

Well I'm off to finish up my meatballs! Enjoy the weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. So.... how did you like 'em??? Hopefully they worked well for you. I will try to bring something that you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE on burgers, steaks, etc., etc. maybe next week sometime, I won't have time to get you any this week, but wowie!

    ReplyDelete