I have officially declared that I am in a blog slump! I was going great guns until my temporary inability to post pictures through me all out of sorts and I didn't recover well. I need morediaper stories or run ins with famous celebrities to liven up my blog life! Until I bounce back, you can refer back to those much more witty enjoyable posts to remember that this is a fun blog to read and you don't want to write me off! :)
Here's my "excuses" why I haven't been blogging much (aka what we've been up to):
- both my husband and my baby girl got sick over the last week so I've been busy caring for them by making lots and lots of homemade soups, creating soothing teas, and tending to their every whim (minus the soup and tea, but it sounded good and I really have been caring for them)
-we are preparing to have Em tested for a milk allergy this week but in the meantime I've been following the pediatrician's recommendation to try to reintroduce dairy into my diet and see how it goes. I'm not sure who wouldn't be able to easily decipher why a baby is throwing up: over eating, dairy allergy, too much tummy time, too much bouncing, etc etc. It's EASY to figure out, especially because she can talk and tell me. NOT I've been pulling my hair out feeling like I'm reading into every little thing and then second guessing everything. I'm so very much looking forward to hearing a definite yes or no. Pray for clarity!
-Jarred's preparing to have his wisdom teeth out and so we have a consultation this week about that. We don't have dental insurance so I reluctantly asked how much this 30min. consultation would cost. Would you believe me when I say $76???? Almost $100 for someone to look in his mouth and say, "yep those things need to come out. Let's schedule a surgery date." Goodness gracious! In all seriousness, we really are praying that they are impacted because then it will be considered a "medical procedure" and our medical insurance will cover costs, minus our deductible. If you could join us in praying over this, we would really appreciate it!
-and most importantly: I am getting baptized this Sunday! :) The journey leading up to this could be a whole blog post of its own, but needless to say, I'm very excited, nervous, and overjoyed to be doing this!
Thanks for bearing with me during my "blog slump". Until next time, Emma and I will be thinking of exciting new posts! haha
Great picture! Every day life is interesting for blogging. Like - what are you eating and cooking for yourself/Emma. You caould make a whole blog on lactose free cooking on a dairy farm! :)
ReplyDelete