In my last post I wrote about how Miss Emma's little personality is emerging more and more each day. This week she figured out how to giggle and it is so darn cute if I do say so myself! She has this raspy little laugh bubbles right up from her toes. She loves to laugh with her Wadi (Jarred's mom - lovingly named by Em's cousin) and the more Wadi laughs, the more Emma laughs back. The other night they went back and forth for probably 10 minutes, just cracking each other up! She loves to laugh and smile at the babies on her Praise Baby DVDs. She will sit quietly and watch the TV but as soon as a baby's face comes on the screen, she lights up with a big smile and giggles at it. I love to think about what she is thinking: what makes her laugh one time yet when you do the same thing later, she has a stone cold serious face. All the while, we as parents dance around, talk in funny voices, and act like goofballs just to see her smile and hear that sweet laughter. So tonight as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep (clearly unsuccessfully, hence the blog post) I got to thinking about the spiritual equivalent of all of this. If we only knew how much the Lord delights in our laughter and joy. I believe He loves to bless us just to see our faces light up and hear our laughter. I want clearer vision to see the silly, unique, special, personal ways He blesses my life just because He can and because He LOVES me! Sometimes I recognize a blessing, but I'm not so quick to "laugh" to let Him know how much joy it brought to me. What a bummer it would be if I did things that really did make Emma happy, but she never laughed or smiled so I knew how joyful I made her. I believe God longs to hear your voice, your laughter letting him know that you are blessed and happy and love Him for it! This morning during worship time we were reminded that God wants to hear our voice. He wants our honest, not-so-eloquent thoughts - happy or sad - telling Him what's on your heart. Sure He knows it, but He loves loves loves when we tell Him anyway. So I just encourage you (all of you lurkers out there who read but never comment) to spend some time letting Him know what's on your heart. If you are joyful, laugh with Him like Emma and her Wadi. If you are hurting, cry out and wait for His faithful peace to embrace you.
On a lighter note - I have been tickled as one by one people admit to reading my little blog. Many more people than I imagined!
And finally - I have to give a shout out to a college
friend who designed my new background and header. I'm loving it! :) I am pretty clueless when it comes to most technical stuff, but she is a genius I'm pretty sure! After JUST starting a blog, she already starting designing her own stuff! If you're in the market for a fancy new look, check her out!
No comments:
Post a Comment