Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've never done one of these kinds of posts before, but they're pretty popular. Not Me Monday, Wordless Wednesday, Thankful Thursday....

I'm thinking Thankful Thursday is the most "life-giving" and encouraging of them all and since not much is going on around here (aka I don't have much to write about), I figured...why not!? So here goes....

I'm thankful - that Baby Boy is making progress in the right direction. I'm 2 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and my midwife said his head is nice and low. I dilated early with Emma as well and didn't end up going into labor for another 2 weeks so I know to remain level-headed and not get too excited, but it's always refreshing to hear that things are starting!

I'm so thankful - for being blessed with 2 amazing, uncomplicated pregnancies. It's a privilege and honor I don't take lightly. But I'm also thankful pregnancy comes to an end. :)

I'm thankful - for my husband who works so hard every day to provide for our family. Yucky rainy cold days like today make me especially admire his willingness to physically labor outside without so much as a complaint. Believe me, if it was me who had to go outside and work my butt off in the cold rainy weather...everyone and their brother would be hearing about it.

I'm thankful - to be healthy again! :) Enough said.

I'm thankful - for Aldi brand lucky charms, fruit salad, and potato chips. AND I'm thankful that pregnancy is a good excuse to munch on those random things throughout the day.

I'm thankful - for my sweet daughter and everything about her that makes me smile and laugh all day long. She is very shy and in public often seems serious and reserved. In the privacy of our home, she is hilarious and so.much.fun.

What are YOU thankful for? :)

1 comment:

  1. Gabriel is that way, too- soo shy and reserved in public. I remember a stranger in a store saying to me once "Don't worry, mom, he'll have a personality when he grows up"... little did that well-meaning woman know this boy is just full of personality, fun and downright hilarity (is that a word?) inside the walls of our home. I like to think he just doesn't want to draw attention to himself- not a bad quality :)

    Love to hear what you're thankful for! Gratitude cultivates JOY!!

    ReplyDelete