Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Boy - part 2

Yesterday I filled you in on the pregnancy and such. Here's all the rest. The room prep, the wardrobe, and all that jazz. 

Let's start with his nursery, shall we? I can't seem to find a "before" shot of the room. We used it as a guest room. It had early 90's powder blue trim, and tiny flower print wallpaper. 

Trim painted white and first coat of blue rolled on the wall. We went with a gray-ish blue color. It took me weeks to pick a color because I really didn't want something baby-ish or pastel, but I also didn't want a dark shade because it's such a small room. I like the color I finally found (in some lights it still looks too "blue" for me but overall I really like it). 


As I'm uploading these, I'm laughing because the color looks totally different in all of the pictures. It's probably closest to the top one? haha who knows. Anyway, here's the painting all done and the floors scrubbed and shined. Ready for furniture! :)

 Looking in from the door...

Standing by the crib, looking at the other side of the room...

We've since raised the crib back up to the highest level and added a crib skirt that goes with the bedding, but this is basically where we're at. I have NO idea what to do on the walls. Please please please help if you have any creative ideas. We have really high ceilings and I don't want anything "theme-ish" or "baby-ish." I've tossed around the idea of having my sister-in-law paint his name on canvas and maybe something to tie in the bedding print? I've thought about a set of frames with pregnancy pictures then later newborn shots? Maybe some shelves? Ugh, I'm so indecisive it's awful. I know some of you readers are creative. Lend a girl a hand, will ya?

Ok so now seriously this little boy is going to be so well dressed it's not even funny. We have been over the moon blessed by generous, amazing friends who have loaned us their little boy clothes to use. No lie - I've bought 2 things for my son: a pair of newborn pants and one "best baby brother" shirt because I couldn't resist. Other than that, this little guy is set with a wardrobe that will carry him through 12-18 months. You think I'm kidding or exaggerating? Check out his footwear...


His drawers are loaded and I only have the newborn and 0-3 months things out. I've got 4 big bins of bigger sizes in his closet. So blessed, so so so so so blessed I'm telling you. I can't wait until he's here and I can see him in all of these things! 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe for your walls you could... put up some pictures(maturity) then baby with some verses that you lean on for strength (since hes breech)
    something that reminds you that everything has a purpose... just a thought :)

    hes going to be one well dressed gentlemen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask karla about her original nursery idea which i loved. It was something that could be easily changed without much effort as baby grows (you wouldn't need to repaint).

    ReplyDelete