Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shoo fly (or stomach bug) don't bother me...



Our household has been fighting the stomach bug for over a week now. It started with me last weekend but I can't seem to really get rid of it. For the most part I feel fine, but I'm still dealing with some tummy issues. Yesterday I had some tests done to see if perhaps I have some sort of bacterial infection. We'll see. I'm not sure if I could even take any of the medications to get rid of an infection (because of being pregnant) but at least it would be an answer as to why I've been sick for so long!

Jarred and Emma were doing great, until this past weekend when my little girl got hit hard. She spent about 12 hours throwing up every half an hour and it was t.o.r.t.u.r.e for both of us. She laid limp on my chest pretty much the entire day, watching movies and napping. I kept a bucket at my feet, but the poor thing hated it. She would cling to my chest, crying NO NO NO while I tried to peel her off of me and force her head toward the bucket. It's heartbreaking to have a sick baby especially when they don't understand what's going on. Thankfully she's been doing better since then, but she's still not quite right either. In fact, I spent the afternoon changing the sheets on her bed and cleaning up the carpet after she threw up everywhere in the middle of her nap.

Jarred's doing alright, just run down and having some headaches.

But I'm tired of it. I'm getting grumpy, discouraged, and frustrated that we just can't seem to get rid of this thing. I want to be spending my days nesting and preparing for this little boy but instead I'm cleaning up poop and puke and disinfecting bathrooms. I'm trying hard not to be Debbie Downer, but goodness gracious, enough is enough. I'm tired of telling people we're doing much better and then have one of us get sick again.

Here's hoping for complete healing!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there :) Thats all I can say... and I know it doesn't make anything better :( I will be praying. Someone once told me when I was running to the bathroom sick that everything happens for a reason... Its hard to imagine that there is a reason for this bug but heres what I have learned to appreciate through all the miserable hour I spent in my so called "office". An appreciation for:
    ~ good reading books
    ~ a confined area where my wild child can't escape
    ~ toilet paper (some country's use leaves and from experience corn husks don't feel as soft as the cheapest brand of toilet paper you can find!)
    ~ and last but not least, an appreciation for SOFT toilet seats!!!!(your legs don't fall asleep as fast!!!)

    Maybe this gave you a giggle, maybe not... Keep you chin up and if you need help I'm just a stone throw away :)

    ReplyDelete