Monday, November 21, 2011

Fun Day Trips

A few days ago, Jarred asked if we would be interested in going with him to Cabela's. He was meeting someone there who had a part for his truck and he didn't want to drive that far without his family. So yesterday afternoon, we packed up the kids and headed off. Emma was in amiyal (animal) heaven!


Colson enjoyed himself too.

We had a great time looking at all of the animals! If it wasn't such a drive, I think I'd bring the kids here all the time. They loved it!


I even embarrassed Jarred by asking somebody to take a picture for us. He'll appreciate it some day! :) And I was impressed all four of us are looking at the camera too!


Then we stopped at Red Robin for dinner before heading home. It was our first time at a restaurant with both kids. Colson was mesmerized by all the lights and action...


...and Daddy taught Emma some good tricks. :)


It was such a fun spontaneous trip! Jarred and I were able to have lots of time to talk on the drive and the kids had a blast!

Today my parents have relatives visiting so we joined them this morning on a quick trip to Wilbers Chocolate. Yum....


It's been so fun to get out and take the kids to new places. I'm thinking of starting a list of things to do and places to see to keep us busy this winter. I love being a homemaker, but sometimes these cold winter days can make us all a little stir crazy. Any fun suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Maddie loves That Fish Place!! Especially if there are dogs walking around with their owners. Maybe we could make a play date there this winter!

    ReplyDelete