Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anybody else have trouble coming up with witty, fitting blog post titles?

I love love love the TV series Parenthood. But seriously? Could they cut a tired momma a break and air a liiiittle bit earlier. Staying up until 10pm to watch an hour long show is TOUGH. It's 9:30pm and I'm popping chocolate chips and writing a blog post to pass the time until it comes on.

So....it's been awhile! :) how are you guys?

We've been....well I don't know how to sum it up in one word. Living, I guess?

Emma had her first real fever this past week. I know, I know...the girl is 2 but no lie, she's never had a fever over 99F. She spiked a relatively high fever Thursday evening and she stayed feverish through Friday. On a hunch, I finally checked her mouth and discovered she's cutting a big ol' molar. The fever went away and now she's coming down with some sort of cold. My poor girl has a rattly chest and I'm praying for speedy healing.

I've been baking a lot recently. I should really try to post a few recipes for you guys. Homemade crescent rolls are a BIG hit around here and they really are super easy. This was my first attempt and I didn't roll the dough flat enough so I ended up with mega rolls. They looked so funny, I had to take a picture. Seriously you guys? Delicious just doesn't do it justice.....


Colson experienced snow for the first time in his sweet little life. I told Jarred (my real-life Ebenezer who doesn't allow Christmas in this house before Dec. 15th) that he should count his blessings that we don't live in an area where snow in October is the norm. That freak snow storm tempted to send me right into full on Christmas mode. I was ready for the music, decorating and thinking of gift ideas! :)


Isn't he so sweet? Every day with him is such a blessing. He is such an easy, content little guy. Emma has come a long way with the snow. Here she was last year....

Not loving snow so much....
and....this year!
She threw snowballs with Daddy and her cousin and they built a snowman. She only came in because her little hands were frozen!
Jarred's been working long and hard as usual. In his "spare time" he's been fixing up an old old Jeep that the family uses up at the cabin. (It's fondly referred to as "Jasper") This thing is so beloved in this family. Seriously, I'm not kidding when I say engagement pictures have been taken with Jasper. ha. So today while the weather was gorgeous, I snapped a few pictures of the kids enjoying Jasper. 



Told ya it was old! :) No door and all! The first time I rode in this thing, we hopped in our seats and a mouse jumped out of the dashboard at us. haha

Well, it's almost 10pm and I'm out of pictures and updates so that's all for tonight. I'll try to pop back in sooner rather than later. 

And on a totally unrelated note - I've been watching the Duggars in the background and wow, 20? I can't even imagine! All I know is that the Lord definitely gives abundant grace to what He calls us to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment