Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Big Girl

I was planning on starting "chores" with Emma around the time she turned three. I didn't really have a reason why I picked that age, but I guess I was just thinking that by that time she'd be old enough to do some simple things around the house. I also wanted to start pretty young so that she learns early on what we expect around the house.

For those of you who don't spend much time with my girl, she is incredibly compulsive and likes things to be clean and organized. So the other day as I started to unload the dishwasher and racked my brain for something to occupy her while I worked, I thought, I bet she would enjoy putting away the clean silverware! I'm not sure why I didn't think of it sooner! It was great for her to work on matching the different types of silverware and putting them in the correct spot.


I also gave her another "trim" aka cutting off that darn rat tail that continues to want to grow. Heaven help me...the poor girl has the absolute slowest growing hair except for that silly rat tail! Here's the before. Usually all of those wispy long strands come together into one rat tail curl right in the middle. I had spread them out for the sake of cutting it evenly.


and the after....


Can you even tell the difference? :) I actually think it looks pretty cute in this picture but I'm well aware that's probably just a mother's love. I know it's definitely still a mullet. Oh well....some day we'll have beautiful long locks. Maybe by 3rd grade....


2 comments:

  1. her hair is looking cute!! and as far as chores, she looks like she is enjoying it:-) putting away dishes (ok anyhting to do with dishes) is pretty much on my I really would rather get a root canal list... let her know we have some silverware over here to put away. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both my kids rocked the mullet. Erin is still sporting it. The best is when she wakes up and the top is poofy so it looks even more trailer park chic.

    ReplyDelete