Colson is one week old today!
I could eat him up for dinner! You can't see it in this picture, but my baby boy has DIMPLES! Oh goodness, I can barely stand how cute it is. There's only one, but it's a big one on his right cheek and I think it's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. (Aside from his sister's rolly polly leg rolls)
Speaking of his sister, she is beside herself...in more ways than one. On the one hand, she is head over heels in love with this "baby" at her house. She loves to kiss the top of his head, give him his "fire" (aka pacifier) when he's fussy, pull off his blanket, and tickle his toes. She's very gentle with him and loves having the baby around. We're so thankful she loves him so much! On the other hand, she's acting out and dealing with the change in the only way she knows how....emotional meltdowns, whining, testing boundaries/limits, and sassy attitude. Our pediatrician recommended getting down on her level and doing lots of close contact one on one play when the baby is sleeping. I've been trying my best, but it's hard to play with her and carry her without overdoing it and slowing down my healing. We're praying she'll adjust quickly and I'll have abundant grace and patience to guide her through this transition.
Can you see how proud/happy my hubby is? haha Our hearts are definitely full these days! :)
Wishing all of you a joyful Easter weekend!
Sarah! I can't wait to meet the little guy... and to see you and Emma :) Let me know what day would suit you best this week. Our week is pretty open, and I have a car now, yay! You are blessed, my dear friend! God is good!
ReplyDelete