Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If perchance my water would break
I pray that not a big mess I would make...
Oh, That's not how it goes? Oh sorry, I'm slightly obsessed with all things labor and delivery these days...
Corny poem jokes aside....sleep is tricky right now. And because there's not much else going on other than just waiting around for this little guy to arrive and I can't write yet another "still pregnant, nothing changing" post, ya'll are going to hear about my sleeping troubles. Thrilling I know...And I wonder why I only have 14 followers. haha :)
-However sleepy I may be before heading to bed, when I lay my body down, I am no longer tired. I don't think I've fallen asleep before 1am the past few nights. So now I'm in a vicious cycle of staying up too late, getting up a few times throughout the night to use the bathroom and/or roll over, being woken up way too early (hello 5:00am this morning), and then taking an afternoon nap which I think is why I'm not so sleepy at night. I should really just skip the afternoon siesta, but I keep telling myself...if I go into labor this afternoon or tonight, I want to be well rested. Plus, I just love a good nap on the couch and my days of quiet afternoon naps are numbered. Who knows how long it'll be until I get two kiddos to nap at the same time so I'm living it up while I can!
-While in the process of rolling over after crawling into bed tonight, Jarred told me that the noises I was making sounded like I was (and I quote) "a 500 lb moose." He's so sweet to me.
And on that note, this moose is going to lumber back into bed and hope for some solid sleep and then to wake up in labor! Hey, a girl can dream right?!?!
A MOOSE!?!?! LOL, oh man. stumbled across your blog and liked what I saw so I thought I would say hey! Cute post!
ReplyDelete