EDIT: After a few inquiries, just wanted to let you know that I scooped out most of the cinnamon (as best I could). Jarred couldn't taste it, but I could taste a hint of it and no I'm pretty sure it's not the newest thing for beef bbq! :)
First, I have to say, THANK YOU for commenting!!! I was thrilled to see FOUR comments on my last post. Woo hooo - keep em coming! Seriously, it's uplifting to know that somebody is actually reading and enjoying it.
Emma hasn't been sleeping really well (for her standards - usually 11 hrs straight). She's been getting up once or twice in the night, will nurse and will go right back to sleep when we lay her back down. I started to wonder if her molars are starting to come in or if she's just getting used to a little late night snack/hang out session with Mommy. I kept telling myself that I shouldn't nurse her, she doesn't need the food, but it's the easiest, fastest way to get both of us back to sleep so it's hard to not do it!! So last night was Operation Cry It Out - night 1. Jarred and I agreed that we thought she was mostly just being a little stinker and we didn't want to start a bad habit. Sure enough, 1am rolls around and there she is...whining and crying. I checked the clock to start timing it and then started praying. For the next 20-30 minutes I battled it out in the Spirit - praying Zeph. 3:17 (He will rejoice over you with singing, He will quiet you with His love) over and over again, claiming it for my sweet girl. I asked for peace, discernment, and wisdom for myself and Jarred. (Ask me later if he still thought 'cry it out' was a good idea at 1am....poor guy had to get up at 2:30am and was NOT happy about losing sleep). Seriously, God is so gracious and despite a crying baby and some not so nice words from my hubby, I was able to remain peaceful and have a compassionate heart towards him - knowing his words came from exhaustion and frustration. 20 minutes later, we were all back to sleep! :) I'm praying she will be a quick learner, and we won't have to do this for many more nights. I don't do well on little sleep.
For example, yesterday for dinner I was making beef bbq/sloppy joes. I didn't have onions on hand to brown with the beef, so I reached in the cupboard for the minced onion seasoning. Popped it open and started shaking when I realized I had made a serious mistake. The seasoning was a brick color, not white flakes like I expected. I quickly looked at the label and realized I had just put cinnamon all over the ground beef! ooops! :) So yeah, pray for sleep-filled nights so we can all function normally. haha
Im sad for you! I have slept so much at college that I think Ive stored up enough energy to do some crazy feat! Lately Ive been all jittery and feisty and unfortunately bored out of my mind which is not a good combo but O well! I hope you can get more sleep and if I could Id give you all this ridiculous energy I have!
ReplyDeleteSarah, you never know but you could have been onto the next amazing cookbook with that recipe of sloppy joes. I guess the question is...did you eat them that way? and were they good?
ReplyDeletehaha that was my same thought... did you eat them? and if so how did they taste?
ReplyDelete