Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bear Bear

One of my (only) commenters asked about the story behind the bear that I take Emma's monthly pictures beside. So Amanda, this one's for you! And hopefully inspiring for all my other readers to LEAVE COMMENTS! :)

Bear Bear's Beginnings:

When my very manly hubby was a sweet, little guy, he had "Bear Bear." It was his little comfort - some kids have blankies or pacifiers, Jarred had Bear Bear. He carried it everywhere, slept with it, and loved that white bear with all of his heart. Now, Jarred was the baby of the family, the youngest of 4, so he often was the brunt of jokes and sibling teasing. As story has it, his oldest brother took Bear Bear one day and as sweet little Jarred watched from the window, Josh threw that beloved bear in the burn pile. Poor little guy. 

Fast forward many years to our wedding day. Big brother Josh was Jarred's best man and during his toast, he gave Jarred a wrapped box which held a new Bear Bear! I wasn't quite sure what to do with a rather large, slightly matted white bear in our house, but a year later little Emma came along and it turned into a perfect bear to take her monthly pictures next to! 


I am seriously glad that she's almost 12 months old because these pictures are getting difficult to capture! Now that she's crawling, pulling up on everything and almost walking, she wasn't really into the whole idea of sitting still and smiling. I didn't get one decent picture that had a smile, the bear and the 10 month sign. But I think they're still cute and I know I'll look back and remember what a little wiggle worm she was at this age!


4 comments:

  1. We did monthly pictures of Trey with a big bear (for size reference, etc). At his 12 month/1 year picture I puled out the bear and he started SCREAMING and crying. He was terrified of the bear that he had sat with, smiled at and climbed on for the previous 11 months. Needless to say the pictures are pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo hoo a shout out! I actually have a blog now too... I think I might try to give you a shout-out in one of my future blog posts:-) but excitement for others posting. haha and I LOVE courtneys story above, i can just imagine! ok peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres the deal i read all your posts i just dont comment but i will comment on everyone if you comment on mine!!! Hehe shes so cutea and i havent seen you in months! Everytime Ive been home recently you havent been in chruch or at least i didnt see you!

    ReplyDelete