One of my favorite things are the helpful hints and tricks that people pin. Ways to organize or things to use to clean your home....I can ALWAYS benefit from streamlining our lives a little more. I pinned this first picture without knowing if or when I would ever use it and low and behold...just a few days later it came in handy! My sister-in-law and Emma wanted to fill up our baby pool one more time this summer. It wasn't an incredibly hot day and it was after dinner so the hose water would be too cold but it would take forever to fill up little buckets in the mudroom sink and carry them out one by one. We found a huge bucket that would be great, but it was way too big to fit in the sink. Pinterest to the rescue!
Who would have ever thought?!?!? Just put a dust pan under the faucet and it shoots the water right into the bucket on the ground. Genius! :) I wasn't sure it was actually going to work, but it was perfect!
I saw a pin about how to clean a washing machine and it motivated me to deal with ours. Between the four of us (one of whom has some extra stinky, residue-producing clothing), our washing machine was looking pretty rough. (We won't even mention the times when wet laundry sat overnight. That never happens in this household. Never.) Here's the before shots:
and.........after a vinegar bath and some elbow grease.....
I've also tried a few recipes that were DELICIOUS. How about you guys? Any Pinterest success stories? Things we need to know or try?
Wow! Your washer looks amazing! I definitely need to try that. We also had some stinky clothing in the rotation of wash this summer! Thanks for the link!!
ReplyDelete