I know, I know...
all this posting is getting crazy! :) I go and tell you that I'm not sure I am going to keep blogging and then I post like 3 posts in a week. I'm unpredictable to say the least....
We are a praying family and it's something that is important to me to model for our kids. We have always prayed at mealtime, at bedtime, and throughout the day for protection, for wisdom, for poop (hey, when you have a kid who struggled for close to a YEAR with constipation, poopy prayers are very valid and necessary!), for healing, for peace, for....all sorts of things!
When Emma started being able to communicate, we began to teach her how to pray. At bedtime, we would pray for our family and she was always repeat "Jeezy, Wadi." (And for those of you who don't speak Emma-talk, that would be...."Jesus, Wadi" and for those of you STILL confused.....Wadi is what the grandkids call Jarred's mom. It's a made up name and just stuck and we love it.) So for a long time, when it comes to bedtime and we say our prayers with Emma, we ask her what she wants to pray to Jesus about and she replies..."Jeezy, Wadi." But last night we had breakthrough!
She had somehow scraped her knee while playing with sidewalk chalk right before bathtime. As she was going to the bathroom right before bed, she pointed it out to me and said, "Mommy, pray Jesus heal Emma's boo boo." I just about melted. It is SO sweet to hear your little one sincerely ask for prayer. I laid my hands on her boo boo and prayed for healing and off we went to bed. Like always, I asked her what she wanted to pray to Jesus about, expecting to hear the typical Jeezy Wadi routine, but instead she replied, "Jesus, heal Emma's boo boo."
Her first real prayer.
I'm praying and believing it'll be the first of a lifetime filled with sweet fellowship with the Lord. Thank you Jesus for working in my daughter's life already!!
that is so awesome!! :) how heart-warming.
ReplyDelete