To celebrate our 2 year anniversary, Jarred and I decided to leave the little one with her grandparents and spend the day at Knoebels. We had a great time at the park Sunday evening and Monday for a little bit. Here's what we learned...
- Knoebels does not open until 11:00am. If for some reason you don't know this and you show up at 9:00am, you'll spend a good 2 hours sitting on benches, aimlessly walking, and waiting for everything to open.
-It's super fun to decide at 10:15pm, after you're already in your pjs, that going out for late night ice cream would be fun. Friendly's was closed...but McDonalds worked just fine.
-Always remember to actually bring along the directions that you printed out.
-Paying extra for a nicer room with a jacuzzi, doesn't actually mean the room will be nicer. It's just a normal hotel room with a jacuzzi in it.
-Amusement park food is absurdly expensive. $18 for a burger, chicken fingers, fries and 2 drinks. I wish I would have taken a picture of the drink I got for $1.25. It was the size of Emma's cups.
-It's still fun to act goofy when you know the picture is coming on the roller coaster. I tried to convince Jarred that since we were sitting in the back row and we were married and on an anniversary trip, we should make out for the picture. He didn't share my sentiments. I still made funny faces.
-Getting away is fun, but it felt even better coming home to our house, tucking our little girl into bed last night and being home together. :)
Sounds like a ton of fun! WOW oh WOW two years... that means in 6 months I will be married for 2 years. Time has gone by so fast! Hooray for many many more anniversary weekends:-)
ReplyDelete