Every time I click onto my blog to check in on some of my favorites, I notice how many days have passed since I've updated. It's getting way too long, and yet the long it gets, the more overwhelming it gets to do a post because...there's just so much to talk about! Plus I still haven't uploaded most of our recent pictures so I kept telling myself I'd post as soon as I did that. Unfortunately, I haven't quite gotten around to that, but I figured I HAD to do a post soon or else I'd lose all my faithful readers! :) So...it's not a fun picture post, but more of an update and "get back in the swing of blogging" type post and I promise to get on those pictures asap!
So, what have we been up to???
The biggest event was a roadtrip to North Carolina last weekend. My grandmother turned 80 and we had a big family party down there for her. Jarred had to work so Em and I road with my parents and littlest brother who had just had his wisdom teeth out the day before. A swollen mouthed teenager and an antsy one year old COULD make for a l.o.n.g. drive, but it went SO WELL!!!! Praise God for grace, grace, grace! Emma couldn't have been any better behaved. Seriously, the angel took normal naps, played with toys, and watched DVDs, and made me oh so stinkin proud in that car! It was really helpful that my parents drove so I could sit in the back with her and keep her entertained. Aside from a weird vomit incident, it was a flawless trip. I'll be sure to post pictures soon.
This week is camp meeting which is incredibly hard to describe if you've never heard of it. Without going into too many unnecessary details, I'll just say that lots of Jarred's family are in town for it so we've been busy hanging out with them during all of our free time. Lots of trips to the snack bar (YUM), taking them out on the boat (FUN), and just relaxing with fun people!
Well, the little lady just woke up from her nap so it looks like that's all the time I have for updating. Stay tuned for much more interesting, picture filled posts in the near future. Thanks for bearing with me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment