Yesterday we celebrated 3 years of being one! I had grand plans of doing a post filled with all sorts of fun pictures from our wedding day, but I'm exhausted and they take too long to upload (hello big files) and so you're just getting one. :)
In all seriousness, I cannot thank God enough for the ways that I see Him working in our marriage and in my heart. You may or may not have noticed that I don't write about Jarred or our marriage very much on the ole blog and that is very intentional. It's purely out of love and respect for my man and his/our privacy. It's definitely not because I don't have anything to say about it because truthfully this journey has challenged, convicted, inspired, stretched, and humbled me more than any other season in my life thus far. In our three years of being man and wife, I have learned so much...about my husband, about myself, about how HARD marriage really is, about how AWESOME marriage really is, and about our totally faithful, good good God.
So, in the spirit of our third anniversary, I'll leave you with the top three things that I adore about my husband...in no particular order.
1. I love the father he has become. It is very common in the farming community for the father's to be absent because of work commitments. Jarred does work incredibly long, grueling hours but he makes time for his kids and loves on them like you wouldn't believe. Emma spends hours riding along in the tractor with him while he hauls manure. Her face lights up when she sees Daddy coming in and she LOVES to play with him. For someone who never had a great example of an amazing supportive loving father....my husband is the best Daddy around. It melts my heart a million times over.
2. I love his drive. This one is funny because sometimes it drives me crazy but when it comes right down to it, this man is the hardest working man I've ever met and he does it all for me and our family and for that, I love him. He works an average of 70 hours a week. He doesn't get a weekend. He wakes up before the sun every single day. He works with poop and dirt and animals and heat and snow and all kinds of other unimaginable things and I never hear a single complaint from him. If roles were reversed, I'd be a
3. I love that he loves me just as I am. You guys, I'm a mess sometimes. (big surprise, I know...) haha I'm not a great master cleaner, home organizer like my mom. I am awful at making decisions. I complain more than I'd like to admit. I struggle with choosing faith over worry and fear. I can often be found at home in my pjs without having a shower when he gets home from work. I have flaws and imperfections and I'm sure I'm not the easiest person to live with some days. But my husband loves me and he tells me that daily. He is faithful and consistent even during the tough days. He is committed to our vows and choses to say YES to our marriage every day. For that, I am a lucky girl.
Happy Anniversary beloved! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment