Sunday, July 17, 2011

3 months

Somebody turned 3 months old yesterday!


Colson is such a fun, content, easy-going, happy baby boy. We hardly ever hear a peep out of him unless he's hungry or tired. 

Since he doesn't have a well-baby visit this month, I'm not sure of his stats but he's definitely growing like a weed. He has pretty much made the transition to all 3-6 month outfits and size 2 diapers. His hair is growing too!!! I think his hair is going to grow at a normal rate (as compared to his sister's...haha)


At this point, he nurses exclusively every 3 hours during the day. About an hour after each feeding, he starts to show signs of being tired so I hold him with his pacifier in his mouth until his eyes start to droop (usually right away) and then I head upstairs to lay him down. I take out his pacifier and lay him down and he *usually* settles right in and takes a little nap. He isn't on a daytime nap schedule yet, but lately he has been taking shorter naps in the morning and then a really long one in the afternoon. We started a bedtime routine with him this month so around 7:30 he gets a bath after his sister and then I nurse him and he's usually asleep by 9pm. He sleeps until between 4 and 6am, nurses again and then goes back to sleep until around 8am. 



Colson isn't a snuggler, but he definitely prefers to be held. (who wouldn't??!) He was starting to make his opinion known that he would like to be held to sleep so we started working on helping him learn to soothe himself. 

He found his hands this month and spends most of his day chewing on them. I had to snap quick pictures to get a few without his hands in his mouth. :)



On July 7th, he started rolling from belly to back and on July 11th he started rolling from back to belly! I never know how I'm going to find him when he wakes up in his crib because he rolls all over the place.

Colson had his first "trip" this month when we went to the family cabin and Knoebels. He slept GREAT in his pack n play and traveled like a champ.

I know it's cliche to say, but I can't believe my little guy is 3 months old already! He is such an amazing addition to our family and we are so thankful for his life. Happy 3 months buddy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment