I don't have much to share (it's been a quiet couple days) so I just have a bunch of random thoughts...
-Most exciting: Emma started crawling a few days ago! She has picked up speed and I'm busy trying to make sure I've swept up all the dust bunnies and baby proofed our rooms.
-A few weeks ago, I started teaching her the word "no." I wanted to start early so that when she got to the point where she could get into more dangerous situations, she would already know the word and what it means. Anyway, my sweet girl has SUCH a sensitive spirit! The first time I introduced the word, I said "no" firmly, and flicked her hand. That was all it took for her....Now I just have to say "no Emma" in a firm voice and she drops her head and sobs.
-I am ready for warm weather! I'm all for snow, having a fire, eating warm soups and all those fun winter things BEFORE Christmas but once Christmas is over....I'm ready for Spring! I can't wait to get out for walks, go to the park, and be able to wear sandals again! (last spring my ankles and feet were so swollen because of Emma's pregnancy, I was stuck in my sneakers laced ever so loosely so my big feet could squish into them. Oh the joys...)
-Although I'm ready for Spring, that hasn't motivated us to take down the Christmas tree yet. We're not so sentimental about it...just lazy (ok well I'm lazy and Jarred's too busy). Either way, it's still up and totally dried out and I have a floor covered in needles to prove it.
-Yesterday I had a fleeting moment where I thought about taking up crocheting. I was looking on Etsy at those cute baby beanies that have the crocheted flower on them and I LOVE them.
-You know how the "experts" always say that you shouldn't wash your hair everyday? You should just rinse it and condition the ends (at least that's what I read in the magazine at the hair salon last time I was in) Anyway, I tried it this morning and I'm not sure how I felt about it. My usually REALLY silky hair feels a little greasy.
-Speaking of beauty tips (this post is going downhill fast), I have to admit that I am a culprit of breaking the number one beauty cardinal rule. I rarely wash my makeup off before going to bed. gasp, I know! (told you this was going downhill) Jarred is always telling me I take WAY too long brushing my teeth and taking out my contacts. I can't imagine how much he'd tease me if I took the time to wash my face too! I know I should really get in the habit of doing it, but it's easy to let it slide when it doesn't really affect much...I don't breakout or see a change in my skin.
Ok this post has got to stop before I reveal all of my shortcomings! :) Hope everyone's enjoying the slightly warmer temperatures!
I was just at a Mary Kay party last night (well, it was at my house)...and my friend who runs the show said that every day you don't wash your makeup off, your skin ages 13 days. I think I am forever changed.
ReplyDeleteAnd on the flip side, I NEVER wash my face either. I mean NEVER.
ReplyDeleteand then there is me...who washes her face morning and night. sheesh! wish I was as lucky as you ladies to have beautiful and unaffected skin!
ReplyDelete