Although my "blog name" is the Farming Momma, and we live on a dairy farm, I really am not much of a farmer. ha - surprise, surprise! I remember when I was younger and still living at home, I'd be grossed out when my brothers and Dad would come in from playing outside. I hated that sweaty, outside smell. Do you know the one I mean? And now here I am, married to a man who plays in poop all day. Don't be fooled, it has not been an easy transition - I'm still working on not informing Jarred how much he smells when he comes home as if he doesn't already know it. I digress...
My point was simply that most days I don't feel very 'farmerish' but a few days ago, I felt like I finally 'made' it. Around Christmas time this year, we got 13 chickens/hens (I don't even know the difference). They've been laying eggs for a few weeks now and we've talked about how much bigger they are compared to most store bought eggs. NOTHING could have prepared us for the monster that was about to come. One of our hens has got to be feeling a whole lot better after pushing this big guy out.
This picture really doesn't even do it justice. I could not stop laughing about it and (I can't believe I'm admitting how lame I am) quickly took a picture of it so I could share it with all of you and on facebook. I was already picturing all of the funny comments it would generate. Then came the point when I realized I've started to convert to the farming world and lose touch with reality. The picture that was oh so funny to me only generate 3 measly comments. haha I guess it's only really hilarious to redneck, country folk who play banjos and wear overalls. Not that we do either of those things, but you get the idea...
I'm not worried about my daughter though...Emma has already started to follow in her Daddy's footsteps and LOVES animals. Well really just dogs, but that's the only animal she's been around in her young life so far. (we haven't really let her warm up to the 500lb cows yet) Seriously....check the girl out sharing the love for this doggie.

I didn't have the heart to break it to her that this doggie isn't even real. I mean seriously...kisses? She is so stinking sweet! :)

I can't wait to get this little lady to the zoo this summer. I'm thinking she will LOVE all of the animals! Have a great weekend everyone....stay warm!!! :)

I think that egg is so funny! :) and your baby girl is sooo cute!
ReplyDelete