Friday, November 20, 2009

This and That

Not too much going on lately so here's a quick list of random things we've been up to or thinking about...(in no particular order)

1. I don't think I've mentioned yet that Emma has completely learned how to sit up by herself. It's hard to say exactly when it happened because she did the tripod sit (supporting herself with her arms) for a little while and then transitioned into longer and longer times on her own. It makes her seem like SUCH a big girl! how has almost 6 months gone by already?!?!

2. We also recently said Goodbye Trailblazer, Hello Tahoe. My mini-van loathing hubby has wanted a Tahoe since we started thinking about trading in my little Yaris for a bigger vehicle so he's thrilled. I'm pretty impartial but I do have to say I miss the Trailblazers heated seats!

3. This weekend is the second Antioch Prayer Initiative at our church. It's basically just 24 hours of intercession and worship hosted by our church but in conjunction with several other local groups. I wasn't able to make it to last month's so I'm excited to join in tonight.

4. The dairy dilemma continues....I haven't been overly careful with my dairy intake (caution got thrown to the wind slightly as I rediscovered just how wonderful it is to be able to cook and eat with dairy) and I think I may have overdone it. Emma's back and legs have what looks to be eczema on them and I'm thinking it's due to the dairy. So once again I'm laying down my love for all-things dairy and taking it out of my diet to see if her skin clears up. oy vey.

5. Emma has 'found her voice' this week. She's been babbling for months but she just figured out how to yell and she's been perfecting it these days. It's so cute to watch her wind up to let out a yell....her arms flap like a little bird out to the sides and her mouth opens up wide and finally a scream comes out. I know someday I'll be asking her to PLEASE stop yelling but at this point, it's still really cute!

6. My sink is STINKY and I need help! A few weeks ago I made homemade meatballs and when I washed out the bowl I used to mix the ingredients some of the raw meat went down the drain. I'm thinking that's what the smell is but I can't get rid of it! I've tried putting a lemon down the disposal but it still smells. Should I do more lemons? Any other suggestions?!?! ?Seriously we have enough stinky smells on this farm and I do not need a smelly sink to top it off! HELP!

ok so this may or may not have been the most exciting post I've ever made, but it's been a week since my last and I had to do something! :) Enjoy the weekend...can you even believe Thanksgiving is coming up this week?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment