Yesterday I totally had 'one of those days' where everything seems to go wrong; to the point of it all being pretty humorous. Case in point:
-I picked up a few things (including our 3rd baby monitor...this time I wised up and got a different one WITH a warranty) from Kmart. My brand new debit card wouldn't work. The lady at the bank had told me that any ATM should activate it so while my cashier stood with my stuff, I used Kmart's ATM. Still no luck. I head back to the register to ask if they could continue to hold my purchases while I run to the bank and as I slip my phone back into my diaper bag....oops! there was my new card all along. I was still trying to using the old one.
-We finish the purchase and in my haste to get out of the store I pushed the cart with Emma in it toward the exit only to hear "MA'AM! Did you want your purchases?!?!" I left all the bags at the register. ugh
-I made peach cobbler to have last evening as I hosted a scrapbooking night. Emma was sleeping but I had heard her stirring so I was trying to be very quiet as I opened our very creaky oven door. As I leaned over to put it in, the scarf I was wearing hovered over the oven door and I began to contemplate whether that was a fire hazard. I obviously can't contemplate and work at the same time because I proceeded to dumb the peach cobbler down the oven door. It was a crisis because you can't just scoop it up when the oven is at a toasty 350F! Luckily with the help of my mother-in-law...we were able to salvage the cobbler.
-Next I wanted to make sure our downstairs bathroom was working properly because it had been acting up lately. I had about 10 minutes until I was expecting the ladies to come so I quickly gave it a trial flush and watched in horror as the water overflowed all over the bathroom floor.
Like I said...it was just one of those days! So thankful for a new day and a sense of humor to laugh at all of my mishaps.
OH my, that was a bad one!!
ReplyDelete