Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming...

Yesterday Jarred's aunt invited Emma and I to come out to a local rec center to swim with a few other little kids. Aside from the bathtub, she's never been in the water before so I was excited to see how she'd do. I was keeping my fingers crossed that she'd enjoy it because her daddy has big dreams for her to become a wakeboarder or at least a "river rat." I'm not sure I want my daughter to grow up to be anything that involved the word "rat" in the title! haha She was a little hesitant at first, especially when Aunt Lynn tried to hold her instead of Mommy, but by the end she was splashing and sucking on a rubber ducky. Success! :)

Speaking of successes, I successfully made another chicken yesterday WITHOUT Jarred's help. After seeing what an easy job it was to remove the giblets last time, he refused to help me hold the chicken. Luckily I was able to slide it out of the bag right onto the pan and grab that little bag of grossness without actually having to hold the chicken in my bare hands. It was slightly less intimidating than my first attempt so I'm thinking by the time I'm 37 I might be up to actually holding and touching it. We'll see...no promises! Side note: because I refuse to do any major touching of the chicken I don't tie back the wings like the instructions tell me. What's the purpose of that anyway?? I guess we can all be thankful I'm not in charge of making Thanksgiving dinner this year. I'd clearly be clueless and we'd be having a turkey with no wings tied back, mashed potatoes because I love them and no veggies because I hate them. Oh and dessert of course. A good healthy meal. (not) Maybe my new year's resolution should be to try to start cooking more vegetables.


or not. :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment