Thursday, September 24, 2009

Raising Her Right

I have a bachelors degree in elementary education. I taught 4 and 5 year old professionally for 2 years. I planned and held weekly parent workshops assisting moms and dads learn how to help prepare their child for school. I believe in the power of reading with your child. I know the benefits of being immersed in a literacy-rich home environment are profound. I could write plans in my sleep about how to incorporate early literacy your every day life. 


and yet,


this is how we spent our evening: watching the latest Glee episode online and anticipating watching Bones and House and Lie to Me and Greys in the weeks to come. Oooh how happy I am Fall tv is back! haha Emma will be fine I'm sure academically but somebody has got to teach this girl the joy of primetime tv!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. haha....that is cute:) And yes...i love fall tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha!! I love it!! AND, I love all of the shows that you mentioned - you just need to add So You Think You Can Dance and your list would be complete! (Who knew I would become such a Fox fan?) oh, i just remembered - I don't think they show SYTYCD on-line...

    ReplyDelete