Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oksana Baiul

This post has nothing to do with Oksana Baiul. Other than it has to do with ice skating which made me think of Oksana Baiul and a funny little story I was reminded of the other day. Everyone knows the song, "I'll Stand By You," right?? I'll stand by you, I'll STAND by you, so that nobody hurts you, I'll stand by you....

well, I have this terrible problem of getting lyrics wrong. I used to think the lyrics went like this:

"Oksana Baiul, OkSAAANA Baiul...hope that nobody hurts you, Oksana Baiul...."

I know.

Aren't you just blessed to know me? :) haha, don't answer that.

Anyhooooo, back to the point.

While most of America sat glued to their TVs Sunday evening, anticipating the Super Bowl, we took this cutie ice skating for the first time. You know I'm Canadian so getting on the ice good and early runs deep in my blood. 


For the record, the game was on in the "warm room" and it was technically a Super Bowl party, but we just skated for a bit and then headed home for our bedtime routine. She did AWESOME! I have to admit, I was leary of how she'd do. I love her to pieces, but I know my girl and she tends to frustrate easily. (i.e. collapse in a heap on the floor crying out "I can't DO IT!" when things don't go per her plans)

I'm pretty bummed this cute little shot is blurry.


She looooved having her Daddy or Papa hold her between their legs and skate really fast. Before long, she was taking steps on her own. I was thoroughly impressed and proud. We only had a few of these moments....


Ahh the drama of being 2 years old and learning something new....

And those tiny little skates? to.die.for. So cute!

Speaking of cute,


I could nibble on those cheeks all day long. This goober is growing so fast. He could totally walk if he was brave enough to just go for it. He just learned how to wave bye bye and sign "all done." He is driving me crazy with his sleeping habits at night....He still isn't sleeping through the night. Recently between his ear infections and teething and allergic reactions, we've gotten off of the sleep training bandwagon, but we need to get back on and fast. Momma needs sleep. He also isn't a big fan of eating. We've just now started to turn a corner with baby food and I'm able to get him to eat most baby foods, but he won't go near table food. Someday when he's a teenager sleeping all night and day and eating us out of house and home this will all be a distant, funny memory. :)

Truth be told, I love this stage. Sure the lack of sleep, disciplining, whining, picky eating, yadda yadda gets to me, but most of the time.....I have to pinch myself because I just feel so blessed to be where we're at. I'm home (where I've always wanted to be) with everyone I love right here with me. My love is right outside working hard and my babies are in my arms. I know all the stages will be fun, but right now it's nice to not have soccer practice or homework or pta meetings or anything to deal with. We're just....together. I'm not sure if that makes any sense...it's hard to put into words what I feel. Just mostly happy and content.

And that's how I hope to stay. When the whining starts to bother me, I just send her out to the calf pens and lock her in. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you recognize how blessed you are... You don't take your children for granted. Your attitude towards life is like a breath of fresh air! :)
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin!! :) I'm so glad you've been blogging more frequently! I love reading what you're up to. :)

      Delete