So....I'm no good at consistently updating this blog. It all becomes way too overwhelming to me as the fun times and memories pass by and I think in my head how many things I could update you on but then the post would be 800 times too long to read and I try to think about which highlights to post and then I remember that the pictures are still on my camera and I don't have time to upload them and....
see, it's so overwhelming it's a run-on sentence. Karla and Courtney...feel free to lose all grammer respect for me. :)
So, let's do a bullet style, rapid fire post, shall we?
-I am OBSESSED with Downton Abbey. It's classy, entertaining, dramatic, beautiful, ahh I love it. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.
-Colson's been on a mission to make sure we visit the pediatrician each week. Poor kid. He had his 9 month well-baby visit 3 weeks ago, a double ear infection 2 weeks ago, and last week he broke out in a rash from an allergic reaction to his ear infection antibiotic. Thankfully I think he's almost 100% better and I'm praying we'll take a break from visiting the doctor. As much as it's frustrating, I also have a really strong sense of gratitude that 3 doctor visits is out of the norm for us. There are so many little ones who spend their days in and out of the hospital/doctor's offices and I'm so incredibly thankful that we have healthy, happy kiddos.
-We took Emma ice skating last night for the first time. The little skates? Couldn't be cuter! Her tiny little steps on the ice? I was dying from all of the cuteness. She actually did really well!
-I didn't watch the Super Bowl. (gasp!) I saw a bit of the Half Time show out of the corner of my eye as I played some cards. Thought it was weird, personally.
-I entered us (Jarred and I) in a Valentines Day contest and we made the finals!!! If you love us (and if you don't, why are you reading this blog?), would you help and vote for us?? The winners get a professional photo session, an overnight stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel and a dinner at JJ Jeffries. All you have to do is go HERE and "like" our photo. We are the farm cartoon picture with my corny poem. Note: you can only vote for one photo (preferably ours!)....otherwise your votes don't get counted.
-It's a very little known fact that I'm actually quite skilled at writing corny poems. If you need my services for a Valentines Day card for your loved one, just let me know. :)
-I'm on a mission to try to de-country-ify my house. I'm just over the country style and really wanting a clean, fresh place. Buuuuut that's really hard when you live in a country farm house. My current struggle is my fire place mantel. It's a huge brick fireplace with a large slab of rustic wood for the mantel. I can't exactly just slap something really contemporary up there without it looking like a fish out of water. Any suggestions?
Until next time (aka until my next random, catch-all update)....so long, beautiful friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment