I'm not sure what to say. My heart is heavy yet full of life all at the same time. There's so much going on lately that it's hard to put it all into words much less make a comprehensible blog post.
My little boy started crawling today. I can barely stand how cute his little wobbly shaky first crawls are. I know all too fast he'll be scooting all over this house and I'll wistfully remember the days that I could sit him down and he'd stay in one place. But I'm proud of him and so grateful for his healthy development. How is he almost 8 months old already??
| Check out those sah-weet play fireman boots he's sporting! haha |
We just got back from a long weekend at our mountain cabin with 2 other families. It's always enjoyable to get away (and have Daddy's undivided attention and presence!) but I love coming home to my own bed and our normal routines. Let's just say all four of us in one room and other families in the next room = no tough love for Colson at night AKA Momma got NO SLEEP. In case you've never encountered me on no sleep, I'm a teradactyl....to put it nicely.
It's 13 days until Christmas. How does this holiday sneak up so fast every year? Emma is asking 18 times a day to open the presents. (13 days are going to be SO LONG for her) She has a princess stocking in her room and a little tree that she falls asleep gazing at every night.
| Working really hard on some artwork with Papa |
(and in the spirit of sharing how proud I am of both of my kids and documenting those "big milestones") Emma's made the transition to no more diapers! She's been potty trained for over 6 months during the daytime but has been wearing diapers to bed. But....no more! It happened by accident, but she's pretty much mastered it. You watch, I'll be up at 2:30am tonight changing sheets just because I was braggin on her to you guys.
And most of you local people have probably seen the news coverage of the family, the Martins, who lost 3 of their children this past week in a car accident. I've had the privilege of knowing the mom for a few years and my heart can't even comprehend what they are going through. They are incredible people who are keeping soft hearts to Jesus and allowing Him to turn their sorrow into praise and giving Him the glory through their testimony. Here's a snippet of a news interview they did this week. Please continue to pray for them.
Goodnight :)
No comments:
Post a Comment