Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letters

This was pretty popular last time around so here we go again.

Dear Colson,
You only slept for 35 minutes and that isn't long enough. I know you're exhausted so just give in, stop crying and go back to sleep. Oh and if you wake up your sister, I'll cry.
Love,
Momma knows best

Dear Emma,
Although you are napping better than your brother right now, I didn't love the SEVEN visits you blessed me with last night. I'm exhausted, cranky, and delirious from all of your late night adventures. Please go back to being the good sleeper you used to be.
I'm begging you.
Love,
Sleepless in Pennsylvania

Dear me,
The mall seemed like such a good idea this morning. Make a few returns, pick up a few things for the kids, and maybe even try the food court if I was feeling fun. That all changed when I pulled into the parking lot and realized I forgot a stroller. Colson is a 20 lb heavyweight who I swear gained an extra pound with every step. I lugged him, the big diaper bag and our winter coats to the first store only to have Emma tell me she had to pee. We found the nearest bathroom, made it back to the store and must have completely lost touch with reality because despite my sweatiness, sore arms, and all common sense I decided to throw caution to the wind and head to another store. GIGANTIC mistake. Said store didn't have what we were looking for, colson got even heavier, I got sweaty-er and Emma decided that she was "too tired of walking." we spent the next 30 minutes attempting to make it out alive, while Emma cried loudly as we walked, stopping at every single bench along the way to rest....her feet and my arms.
What a nightmare.
Love,
Crazy

Dear 2011,
Ummmm you're done already? Holy moly, you went fast! But you were filled with great things - 3 year anniversary, 2 year birthday and 1 great baby boy! I'm looking forward to 2012.
Love,
Me

Dear Christmas loving Sarah,
Don't forget to water the Christmas tree next year. Maybe then you'll be able to keep it around longer. Even watering it just once might help.
Love,
The pine needle covered carpet

Dear everyone,
My boy fell back asleep and my girl isn't awake so I'm taking a nap. Hallelujah.
Love,
Sarah


HAPPY NEW YEAR!:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I wish there was a "like" button on blogger, sometimes I don't have anything to say. I just want to "like" it:-)

    ReplyDelete