Here's a few of my favorite mispronunciations:
-Beetle: This is my all time fav. She's not really talking about a bug....she's saying beautiful. "Emma wooks so beetle Mommy." "Dis dress is beetle beetle beetle!" I will honestly be a little sad when she outgrows this one. It's so cute.
-No anks: No thanks
-E den: The end
-I wub you sooooo much: self-explanatory
-No way Zoe: No way Jose. She's never heard of the name Jose, but she likes Zoe from Sesame Street so she just substitutes that name.
-pawincess: princess
-nosemen: snowmen
-papa-sicle: popsicle
-marsh-toe: marshmallow
Some of my favorite phrases that she uses ALL the time:
-"I wub you sooooo much."
I probably hear this about 800 million times a day and usually it's accompanied by a kiss and a big hug. She is very very affectionate and loves to verbalize her feelings. It is incredibly adorable and so sweet. I'm soaking up all the affection I can get. :)
-Emma's so happy Mommy.
Here's the story on this one: The smart girl knows that after lunch time when she starts to get fussy, I often tell her that I can tell that she's ready for a nap because she is getting whiny or disobedient. So lately she's been waking up for the day around 4:30 or 5:00 (aka an inappropriate and WAY too early time). She wakes me up by telling me "Emma's so happy Mommy," because she thinks that if she's happy that means she gets to be downstairs (as opposed to grumpy and whiny when I send her to her bed.) She is a smart cookie, for real. (For the record, it doesn't work though....she goes right back to bed.)
Funny random things she's said recently:
-"Give me 2 minutes Daddy."
She told her Daddy this while he was trying to love on her after being gone for 3 days. Pray for us in about 10 years when we're entering the teen years....
-"Give me that Cols. Say 'yes Emma.'"
When I give Emma an instruction and she either doesn't respond or starts to whine/give an excuse/etc, I will redirect her with the expected response by saying "Say 'Yes Mommy." Clearly she hears me telling this to her 800 times a day and wanted to be the boss for once so she did it to her brother.
(p.s. I love that she calls him Cols. We have never called him that...she made it up herself.)
-This isn't really a funny thing but she speaks in the third person almost all the time. I'm not sure when she'll outgrow this, but it's pretty humorous.
Ok I need to go to bed. It's almost midnight and I don't think I've stayed up this late since college. I'll be paying for it in a few hours when someone creeps beside my bed trying to tell me how happy she is.

No comments:
Post a Comment