I haven't done regular updates on here about my little guy. Colson is growing up so fast. I can barely believe he's going to be 6 months old next week. Where did the past half year go?
I'm cheap and totally not willing to pay for the "premium" Picnik version so I could only do a collage with 4 pictures so here he is in the 4 most recent month shots. Is it just me or did he explode between months 2 and 3? I think his "aw shucks" face doesn't help because it gave him 85 chins, but he definitely grew A TON that month!
A bit about Colson at (almost) 6 months...
-He wears 6-9m or 6-12m clothes and size 3 diapers.
-He goes to bed around 7pm, sleeps until 4 or 5am, eats, and goes back to bed for another 2-3 hours. I'm undecided if he really needs to get up and eat that one time in the night but I'm not really doing much about it. I guess I feel like it's been 8 hours or so since he last ate so that's technically sleeping "through the night." I also feel really badly letting him cry it out when I have a 2 year old in the room directly across the hall, a husband who doesn't get enough sleep as it is, and my sister-in-law right next door. I wouldn't want to wake all of them up for the sake of "sleep training" when I'm not sure he needs it. I did let him cry it out once last week when he got up an hour after he ate. I knew he wasn't hungry, sick or poopy so he had to work it out.
-He started sitting up on his own around 5 1/2 months.
-We started solid foods also around 5 1/2 months and he is not a fan. We've only done cereal, sweet potatoes, peas and bananas. Bananas give him the shivers and he's impartial to the others. But I can't get the kid to open his mouth. Seriously, he puts everything in his mouth these days but when I come near him with a spoon, he clamps it shut. Any suggestions?
-He is a smiley, happy, content baby. His dimples kill me.
And for fun...
Here is a side by side of Emma and him at about the same age. I only took his "5 month" pictures a few days ago....and he's almost 6 months. So, I picked out one of her 6 months shots.
What do you think? I don't think they look much alike at all! He definitely has more hair that's for sure! :)


Colson is such a handsome little guy! :-)
ReplyDeleteDid you ever hear of Baby-led weaning? It's a totally stress-free way of introducing solids- so relaxed and puts no pressure on the little one. Check it out...http://www.babyledweaningblog.com/
We did this with Gabriel and all had so much fun with it. The idea is "food before 1 is just for fun" and you never have any expectations of how much they should be eating (solids-wise), etc. You basically put food in front of them in forms that they can grab- we started with cucumber "sticks", sweet potato "sticks", steamed broccoli, rice cakes, etc...it's a mess, but so fun :-) I still did rice cereal or oatmeal at breakfast but that's because he had low iron for a while and I wanted to be sure he was getting an extra dose of that. Let me know if you ever want to borrow the book. I have it :-) P.S. If you do try it, don't be shocked or scared at a little gagging- it's so natural and the way God made their little bodies to know what they can swallow and what they can't. I made sure Ryan was with me the first time we tried it because I was afraid I would freak out if Gabriel starting gagging :-) silly huh? He never did too much of that (only a little in the beginning) and never ever came close to choking.
Sorry for this novel. Just thought I'd share our experience with you :-)
P.S. Let's get together soon!!!!!!!