Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday, Sick Day

Em's first birthday was pretty anti-climatic, a little sad actually. Around lunchtime she was really fussy and a little warm, so I took her temperature. I was convinced she wouldn't have a fever only because every other time I think she's warm and swear she must have a fever...she doesn't! I figured this would be just like all the other times, but to my surprise, the thermometer went right up to 102. Poor thing. So we've spent the last 3 days hanging out in our pjs, cuddling a LOT (can't complain about that!), and relaxing. We called into the doctor's office to check dosage amounts on Ibuprofen and they said that probably within the next day or two she'll come down with something. Today she's starting to show signs of a cold coming on, but she goes into the office tomorrow for her 12 month appt so I'm sure we'll find out what's going on in her little body. Poor girl....but doesn't she look so darn cute in her giraffe pjs and bunny slippers? I just want to eat her up!

We have a little party planned (just family) on this coming Saturday so we'll see if that happens depending on how she feels, but my parents had a few little presents for her on her actual birthday so they came over to dinner and cake. By then Emma had some good medicine in her and was feeling good enough to open presents. It was much more fun than Christmas because now she's old enough to actually tear into things. She was very dainty about it. It cracks me up how girly she already is!

I was looking forward to seeing her smash the cake and dig into it, but she was too full from dinner so she didn't want to eat ANY cake. She spent most of the time trying to pick the sprinkles off of the top and then we gave her a spoon and she mushed it around on her tray. We tried to feed her a little bit so she'd taste how yummy it was, but she kept turning away and crying. Maybe Saturday she'll get into it! :)


2 comments:

  1. I hope and pray that Emma is well enough to enjoy her little party this weekend! I can't believe she's a year old already!! So happy for the good report about the allergies, too... or lack there of :) God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I hope she feels better Saturday for the family party! I can't believe she is a year old.... will be looking forward to real "cake smashing" photos:-)those kind of pictures of little kids are always so cute.

    ReplyDelete