Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Boat Ride!

Last night, after several days of Jarred itching to get out on the river, we took Emma out for her very first boat ride!

I'm not sure she could look ANY cuter! She was not a fan of the life jacket, but other than that, she L.O.V.E.D the experience!

Helping Daddy drive back into the dock. After she found this seat, she didn't want to be anywhere else. (I realize she does not have her life jacket on in this picture. We were going about .00001 mph and were almost back to the dock. She had had enough of the jacket and I had had enough of fighting her.)

On the Susquehanna River, there is a spot called "Boat City" that's very shallow where lots of boats throw down their anchor and relax/play. It reminds me of the song "Redneck Yacht Club" if you are familiar with country music. Anyway, we went over there and Emma had a BLAST splashing in the water with Daddy and Grandpa on the sand bar. Seriously the girl would have crawled right in the water if he would have let her! I think we may have a little fish on our hands!

Jarred's been waiting and waiting and waiting for Em to be big enough to enjoy the river (he calls it being a "river rat" but I just can't bring myself to use the word "rat" in a description of my baby girl). My heart was soooo full of joy to see the two of them playing in the water together because I know that he was loving every second. I can't wait for the water to be warm enough for her to really play and splash around. Summer's going to be so.much.fun!!! As I relaxed on the boat while they played, I thought about all of the trips to the park we can go on, introducing Emma to ice cream cones and freeze pops, setting up a sprinkler and/or a baby pool once she can really walk (she's almost there!), and taking lots of family walks...Thank you LORD for blessing me SO abundantly!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment