
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! :)
It feels like the past few days since my last post have been so packed full that it's hard to know what to even write about. My mind is having difficultly separating the interesting to write about from the more boring events.
Christmas week flew by this year. After an eventful 30+ hour trip that should have taken about 8, Jarred's sister made it here on Sunday (I think? My days are all mixed up!) For those of you who don't know, we live in a big old farmhouse on the dairy that Jarred works at. The house is divided into 2 houses...we live in the big side and his parents live on the other. We had tons of fun going back and forth while Auntie Jess was visiting. We played lots of cards - hearts mainly and my first and last game of peanuckle after which Jarred said, "you're intelligent! Why couldn't you get it together in that game?" haha (he meant it very lovingly and jokingly, but it was true...my mind could not keep it all together!)
Living close to family is a blessing and a curse on holidays. We get to be together with all of our family and not miss out on anything, but it also means a lot of running back and forth and not a lot of resting. We went to our church's Christmas Eve service, spent Christmas morning with my family and the evening with Jarred's family. After putting Emma down to sleep on Christmas Eve, Jarred and I were able to spend a few minutes alone to share our gifts with each other. This year I had asked for him to come up with something on his own. He is VERY good at getting exactly what I ask for, but this year I wanted him to put thought into getting something that HE thought would bless me. It was a struggle for him, but in the end, I was completely surprised by a BEAUTIFUL new piece of furniture for our home and I LOVE it! I knew he had it in him! :) Emma of course was spoiled by her grandparents and aunts and uncles. She is still a little too young to get into ripping open the packages (she just wanted them in her mouth) but she is enjoying playing with all of her new toys and Momma's enjoying dressing her up in her cute new outfits! I love having a little girl! :)
Speaking of the little lady, I felt SO bad this morning when I went to go get her from her crib only to find that she had thrown up (lots) and slept on it all night long. The poor girl had a rash from sleeping on the wetness and smelled so sour! I'm sure she forgot all about it after a quick bath, but Momma felt terrible. She wimpered a little and talked for a few minutes after we put her down, but I thought nothing of it and before long she was quiet. I didn't check on her when we went up to bed...I know I couldn't have known and it's not a big deal, but I felt like a pretty crummy Momma! She's also got a runny runny nose and working hard to cut her top 2 front teeth so we're laying low and working on feeling better! Sick babies break your heart...Hopefully she'll be back to her usual happy self before long!
No comments:
Post a Comment