Guess who is 6 months old?!?
Here's what she's up to these days...
-Right around 5 months she mastered sitting up without any support (from anyone else or her arms). She loves to flap her arms like a bird and play with her toys.
-She is VERY close to crawling. She can get herself into position, move her legs but she hasn't quite figured out how to move those arms so she falls forward onto her belly. I don't think it'll be long before this little one is mobile!
-Emma still nurses about every 3-4 hrs. She has oatmeal for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and fruit for dinner. She loves fruit but seems to be taking after her mommy and is not at all crazy about vegetables.
-She typically takes a morning and afternoon nap and then goes down to bed around 7 or 8. She will sleep around 11 hrs at night.
-She wears 3-6m clothes.
-Her fine motor skills are really getting good - she is working on learning how to pick up puffs to eat and she is great at picking up different toys or other things she may want (mommy's glasses, sweatshirt strings, etc!)
-All of a sudden her "talking" is actually starting to sound more like real talking. Instead of just cooing and yelling, she is making more consonant sounds and it sounds OH so cute!
I can't believe half a year has flown by already! I asked Jarred if it was too early to start planning her first birthday and he just shook his head. I know it'll be here before we know it! Happy half birthday sweet girl! :)
edit: I forgot to mention that she now has 2 tiny little bottom teeth coming in! Overall she has been an angel about the teething process, although she did fuss a little bit between the first and second. I can't blame her though...it must be uncomfortable!
Plan away Sarah, plan away!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable and perfect!
ReplyDelete