Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sweet Baby

On Thursday morning, Jarred and I left the kids with his parents and headed off for our ultrasound. I had barely slept a wink the night before...in anticipation and because I didn't want to oversleep. Jarred's aunt is an ultrasound tech at one of the local hospitals so it's always special to have her do our scan. She checked all the organs, growth and development and we rejoiced at the miracle of a perfectly healthy baby. I wasn't fearful about anything but like I said before I wanted my focus to be on what an amazing work God has created rather than just WHAT IS IT?!!!? I didn't want to miss the opportunity to praise Him for such a miracle. I should clarify too that this baby would still be a precious miracle and God would still be worthy of praise even if we discovered something wrong. But thankfully, this babe looks perfect. On the tiny side, but very much perfect.

And although I would have loved for Emma to have the blessing of a sister, we are THRILLED to add another little boy to the family. (we'll just have to keep having kids until she gets a sister, right? Ha) Meet our newest little guy. Now...onto figuring out a name! :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear the new one will be Colson's brother. I suspect he'll need the support with big sister princess Emma! And I was thrilled to read her best friend is Nana. What a blessing.
    Auntie A

    ReplyDelete