Thursday, March 11, 2010

9 Months Old and Playing Catchup

A cute little pipsqueak turned 9 months old a few days ago!

What has Emma been up to recently?

-She is about 16 or 17lbs (we'll find out in a week or so the exact number, but that's an educated guess) and about still a little lady for her age.

-She still nurses about every 3-4 hrs (about 5 times a day) and we really backed off on the food this month after a very not fun constipation situation. After a doctor visit, pedialax came to the rescue and we're doing much better, but we're taking it easy and eating lots of prunes, peaches, pears, and other high fiber foods!

-Emma LOVES to sleep! Seriously, I can't believe I've been blessed with such an easy baby. She takes 2 or 3 good 1-2 hour naps during the day and then goes down for the night around 7pm. She is up at 6am every morning...almost on the dot!

-She is ALL OVER THE PLACE these days. Her little personality is coming out more and more and it is so fun. She loves to be in the laundry room so when she notices that door open, she books it SO fast to get in there. Or if she notices that we are coming after her, she puts the pedal to the metal in an attempt to get wherever she wants to be! No walking yet, but I'm guessing in a month or two we'll be completely mobile!

-She primarily wears 6-9m clothes, 3-6m pjs and size 3 diapers.

-The girl still loves to shake it and will dance anytime you ask her to. So funny!

-Out of nowhere, Emma loves a pacifier. After months of hating it (gagging and refusing it like we were offering her brussel sprouts), she pops that thing in her mouth for hours at a time! I'm still trying to decide if we should encourage this as it may be more of a nuisance later on when it's time to break the habit. Any advice on this one experienced mommy's?

-She has FIVE teeth (just cut that fifth one this morning) and it makes her look way too grown up. Now if only that hair would come in a little faster! :)

-That's all I can think of off the top of my head. So now....since it's been OVER A WEEK (yikes....sorry!) since I last posted, I figured I'd fill you in on what we've been up to!

We are loving, loving, loving, loving the warmer weather, primarily because it means we can get out and do things. Check out this little beauty all ready for some play time outside. I can't get over how big she looks in those little shoes! 



This afternoon we headed over to Daniel's Den (an amazing, local playground) to try out the swings. She had a great time and spent most of the time analyzing all of the other kids. We didn't stay long, but our spirits were definitely lifted after getting out and enjoying the first signs of Spring. I'm SO ready! 


1 comment:

  1. cute picture in the swing... are these all taken with your new camera? Glad that the north is getting warmer:-)

    ReplyDelete